In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (secretary), Sammi (moderator)
Start time: 7:01 PM
1. Event Review – Our Isreal/Palestinian conflict discussion was on Saturday. Turnout was a little low, but the conversation went well. We may not do any more of these discussions at night.
2. Upcoming Events – We have the letter-writing to prisoners event on Tuesday; Ashley is ready for it. We also have Trekkies coming up on Friday; Jackson is ready for that.
3. Buttons – Ashley had a suggestion that we possibly take our LGBTQ flag buttons to Ty’s top surgery benefit next week and split the donations between Black Cat House and Ty’s surgery fund. Jackson believes this to be a conflict of interest. Idea is tabled to next week for further discussion.
4. Books – Jackson offered four books to the library that he found at a yard sale over the weekend. We approved all four for the library. Jackson also asked for $4 to reimburse him for paying for the books, after noting he would donate the books either way. Reimbursement was also passed unanimously.
5. Bands – A riot-folk band wants to play here on Sunday, November 16th. They’re acoustic and political, so we’re cool with them playing. We also got a Facebook message today from an indie-rock band wanting to play here, but they’re probably not political and definitely not acoustic. Ashley will send them the “thanks, but no thanks” message tomorrow.
6. LSH reschedule – Only two of the five core members of LSH were able to attend the scheduled quarterly meeting last Thursday, but we can probably get four of us in the same room for this Thursday. We agree to reschedule the meeting for this Thursday.
Tabled: concert/First Friday, police zine, networking, website, buttons
Meeting adjourned: 7:30 PM