In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review – We ran Fukushima Uncensored (maybe) on Friday night. Jackson may have accidentally loaded the wrong documentary, which had also been posted to YouTube under the same title. We had a great turnout though, and a pretty lively discussion afterward.
2. Vigil – We co-hosted an emergency vigil along with DSA Lincoln on behalf of the anti-fascists attacked by Neo-Nazis in CVIlle, Virginia this weekend. On less than 36 hours notice, we helped to rally about 500 people to Downtown Lincoln and raised almost $1000 for the survivors’ medical bills.
3. Solidarity Donation for CVille – We’ll also make a $50 donation to the comrades in Virginia from our treasury.
4. Reimbursement – Ty got our fall calendars printed, and he needs to be reimbursed. We agree that he’ll get his $12.07 back.
5. Calendar distro – Ty and Jackson made plans to get our fall calendars up tomorrow.
6. September Reading Group – Jackson took a few minutes of our relatively light meeting to get our first fall event up to Facebook, and Ty copied it to our website.
7. Last-minute Summer Events – DSA has contacted Jackson today about running another Young Socialists educational discussion on Tuesday the 29th. Jackson is free that day, so he’ll open up the House and host them.
We’ve also received an email about a travelling speaker who wants to host a workshop called “Dismantling the Patriarchy: Via Communication” here on Saturday the 26th from 6-8 PM. We’re interested in this event, and Jackson can open the House and host. Jackson will call the provided number and work out the logistics.
Meeting adjourned: 7:50 PM
Tabled items: Articles for Discussion, Graphic Designer, Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop