In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (moderator), Tati (secretary)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review: The BDS did not have as much turn out as we expected, but it was still a very moving event. We’ll be doing a similar event in the fall calendar, and Ashley will make a flier for it. The movie night went awesome! It seems like our science fiction showings have been doing really well. It didn’t illicit much of a discussion, so it might not be worth repeating in upcoming years.
2. Upcoming Events: What are… Animal Rights? is on its way! Brian’s been bringing it up to his animal rights activist contacts, and we need to read up on talking points. We will also have vegan snacks. We also had a request from Sammi to be Skyped in, so we’ll facilitate that.
3. Zine Drop: We have a ton of zines concerning Columbus and why Columbus Day shouldn’t be celebrated. Ashley thinks we should leave them at locations along with our regular fliers in order to educate people on the issue. We think that’s a solid plan.
4. Wholesale Buttons: We didn’t establish a price for when we sell buttons in bulk to other organizations in town. We think 50 cents a button, for an order of 10 buttons or more would be reasonable. We also discussed selling them online and what the prices will be for that, but we decided to table that discussion for now.
5. Calendar Revision: On the current list of events for the next calendar, it says “Anti-Columbus Day Protest.” This is inconsistent with how we usually have it, as “Abolish Columbus Day Protest.” Ashley will be revising this in the past minutes.
6. Pasta Feed: The Lincoln Secular Humanists are having their Pastafarian Pasta Feed Fundraiser on September 4th, at 6 pm, co-sponsored by the Lincoln Atheists. It will be by suggested donation. We’ll prepare spaghetti, fettuccine, and whole-wheat penne, have alfredo and marinara sauce, and both veggie and meat mix-ins to the sauce. We’ll have garlic bread as a side and cupcakes as a dessert. We’ll ask other people if they’d like to bring sides and desserts as well. Tati will ask around his family for additional pots and serving bowls. Ashley will acquire crock pots to keep the sauce heated.
7. Library: Since updating the website has been delayed, we’ll be resuming adding books to the library database.
Meeting adjourned: 7:43 PM
Tabled: Speaker stipend, Networking, Website, Buttons