In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (moderator), Sammi, Tati (secretary)
Start time: 7:01 PM
1. Website: We received a message from Ella. She’s working on the website still and is looking into paying the website hosting fees monthly if possible until she can get it worked out.
2. Event Review: Letter Writing and the movie night went well! Movie night’s turnout was a little less than expected, but we had a good discussion from those who did come.
3. Upcoming Events: We have a feminist discussion group coming this weekend. We still don’t have an event up yet! Ashley apologizes, and will get it up tonight.
4. Reimbursements: Jackson printed some fliers, for $2.14, and bought a book to donate for $2.12. We approve.
5. Buttons: Ashley’s gonna get some designs ready to go, to bring to the collective at a later date to approve.
6. Books: We went through a lot more book donations again! We have just a few more to go through, and a few to look over to see if they’re accessible enough, and we’ll talk about them next week.
7. Love+: Due to personal problems, Ashley asks to postpone Love+. We can make an open-ended announcement on the Facebook group and see if anyone would be willing to take it up.
Lincoln Secular Humanism Pastafarian Pasta Feed Fundraiser Sept 4th
What is… the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict? Sept TBA
Trekkies for Humanism: “Who Watches the Watchers” (TNG) Sept TBA
Anti-Columbus Day Protest Oct 13th
Trekkies for Humanism: “Catspaw” (TOS) Oct 24th
Movie Night: (A)sexual – Nov TBA (early in the month)
Trekkies For Humanism: “Critical Care” (VOY) Nov TBA
[workshop on organizing protests, name TBA] Nov TBA
Other event ideas: Feminist Discussion Group, zine making workshop
The Beehive Collective event is subject to change, potentially even after we print the fliers, so we will not put it on the calendar. We will make a flier specifically dedicated to it when the date is finally set in stone.
9. Activists and “Difficult People”: We discussed the next sections, “Antisocial Behavior” and “Stalking and the Potential for Violence” and the conclusion. Ashley proposes a similar article to read for our next one, dealing specifically with difficult behaviors during events. However, ‘cause this article took us several meetings, we’ll take a break.
Meeting adjourned: 8:30 PM
Tabled: Networking, Website, Speaker Stipend, Books