In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (secretary), Sammi (late), Tati (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event review: The discussion went well on Saturday, and we raised a little bit of money for Owe Aku. We were also able to raise some awareness of the event, and several people indicated an interest in making donations on their own.
2. Upcoming Events: We have the letter-writing event on Wednesday, and we should be ready for that. We also have the _Pink Ribbons Inc_ movie on Sunday, and Ashley is planning to run it off of her computer since it is on Netflix. We’ll put out a few simple refreshments. We’re ready.
3. Fliers: Ashley reports that we are running low on the “Capitalism got you down?” BCH fliers. We’ll print another 50 sheets of them.
4. Buttons: Our pronoun buttons made their debut at Pride over the weekend, and Ashley reports that they were well-received (especially by younger people). We have enough of them left over for basic house events for the foreseeable future. Jackson will be reimbursed $3.21 for the printing costs of the papers for those buttons.
We also discussed other ideas for buttons. Our main priority is probably adding a Black Cat House logo button, but we’ll probably have to wait for Ella to get around to it (and she is very busy with our website right now). Ashley and Tati also propose adding queer-identity flag pins, and also some anarchist-identity flag pins as well.
Ashley also recommends that we offer our services to allied groups, as they may have button-making needs as well. Ashley thinks that the Lincoln Atheists in particular have several designs that would look good in buttons.
5. Mail: We received a letter from the Sporeprint Infoshop in Columbus, Ohio. They’re excited to hear about our activities, and are hoping for a penpal here (and some of our pronoun buttons). Ashley volunteers to stay in contact with them.
6. Books: We received many donations for the lending library. We took some time to sort through them and decide which ones we wanted to pick up.
LSH Pastafarian Pasta Feed Fundraiser Sept 4th
Trekkies for Humanism: “Who Watches the Watchers” (TNG) Sept TBA
Love+ Oct 11th (Formerly SexyFest; Add a Feminist Discussion Group for one of the panels?)
Anti-Columbus Day Protest Oct 13th
Trekkies for Humanism: “Catspaw” (TOS) Oct 24th
Trekkies For Humanism: “Critical Care” (VOY) Nov TBA
Other event ideas: workshop on organizing protests, Movie Night: (A)sexual, whatever we can schedule with the Beehive Collective
8. Sammi: We voted to give Sammi full membership/voting privileges.
Meeting adjourned: 8:27 PM
Tabled: Networking, Website, Love+, Speaker Stipend, Activists and “Difficult People”, Calendar