In attendance: Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Upcoming Event – Elysium is tomorrow! We’ll make sure the room is set up for it after the meeting tonight, since Ty can’t attend.
2. Quorum – Jackson and Ty discussed lowering the quorum from three to two. Ashley has submitted an absentee vote once contacted on the matter in agreement. It passes.
3. Reimbursement – Jackson is asking reimbursement for printing button designs and fliers. He paid $2.14 for this, and he’ll be reimbursed for this.
3.5. An announcement: Jackson says that he got the email stating that our web hosting will be renewed in 60 days. Since were considering changing formatting for the site, we should get in touch with Ella for advice on how to proceed.
4. Sama – Sama has sent another email. She approved of the early start time and would encourage local community members who have something to say on queer/trans issues to attend. We will need to make a flier for the event, as well as get a Facebook event up.
5. Graphics – Ashley can no longer make graphic designs for us. Ty has asked that she send editable files to him so he can potentially work on them from here on out. Since we have many templates already, it’s also possible Ella can help us, so we should ask her whether she’d be willing to assist.
6. Fall Calendar – Movies suggested but unable to be implemented last calendar were: In Time, Gasland, and The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema. Event ideas were a discussion on protests, a discussion on gentrification, a panel of transgender speakers for TDOR, and a fundraiser for Kurds. LSH also needs to be scheduled for the second Thursday in September. There is also the Anti-Columbus Day protest on October 12th. There is the potential of Trekkies, but we need to decide how to continue it.
Consideration needs to be taken to make sure events don’t overlap with Husker game days because of traffic issues. Ty also requests scheduling around the LGBTQA Resource Center’s events, due to beginning to work there in the fall.
Meeting adjourned: 7:40 PM