In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review – Saturday was pretty busy for us! We assisted with the pro-choice rally at the Capitol. We’re satisfied with our participation there. Then we had our discussion on environmental justice here, and it was ok. It was a bit hard staying on topic, as everyone in attendance had come over from the rally. But we did the best we could, under the circumstances.
2. Website – It has been recommended that Jackson should upgrade our webhosting to include the privacy service, which will reduce his chances of having his ID stolen or our site hacked. We agree that it’s worth the expense. It will cost us $12.42 to get privacy for our domains for the next year, and we agree it will be reimbursed from the treasury.
3. Bike rack – We’re thinking we should maybe invest in one for the house, to give our biking guests a secure spot to lock their bikes in our yard. Jackson will do some research on options and prices. Item tabled.
4. PorchFest Fundraiser – Our scheduled fundraiser for PorchFest is about a month away. Jackson messaged Maya to check in with her status in organizing that.
5. Summer calendar -We started brainstorming for our summer calendar.
No-schedule dates: June 25th (Heartland Pride in Omaha), August 19th-21st (weekend before UNL restarts classes). Lincoln’s Star-City Pride is not yet scheduled, as far as we can tell (but it should be sometime in July).
Interesting dates/historical tie-ins: Tank man incident, Tianenemen Square, China (June 5th); International Day of Solidarity for anarchist prisoners (June 11th); Race Riot in Omaha (June 24th, 1969); George Orwell’s birthday, Little Bighorn (June 25th); Stonewall Riots start (June 28th); Frida Kahlo’s birthday (July 6th); Spanish Civil War starts, Eric Garner murdered (July 17th); Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki (August 6th and 9th); Michael Brown murdered (August 9th);
Tabled to next week.
Meeting adjourned: 8:30 PM
Tabled: Bike Rack, Summer Calendar