In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review – We watched the documenatary Boom on Saturday night. Turnout was good, and the discussion was too.
2. Upcoming Event – Our discussion, “The Fight Against Rape Culture”, is this Saturday! Our Facebook event is getting a lot of responses, so we might get a really good turnout on Saturday. We spent some time discussing our format for the event to be better prepared for the possible crowd.
3. Reimbursement – Jackson found us a new speaker to improve audio for our movie nights. He spent $32.79 on it, and would like to reimbursed. It is unanimously agreed to. Also on the subject of money, we’re probably needing more calendar handbills printed, and we agree to reimburse Ty if he gets more printed for us.
4. Transgender Day of Visibility – March 31st is Transgender Day of Visibility. A friend of Ty’s would like to distribute our pronoun buttons at a public event at University of Nebraska-Omaha on that date. He’s also invited us to officially table at that event, but Ty will need to investigate the logistical possibilities of actually doing so.
5. Zines – We spent the remainder of our meeting sorting through our zine collection to see what we would take along to our proposed tabling opportunites at Transgender Day of Visibility and Earth Day.
Meeting adjourned: 8:30 PM