In attendance: Jackson (moderator), Milla, Nancy, Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:01 PM
1. Event Review: We showed the “Far Beyond The Stars” episode, and it didn’t really get a good turnout.
2. Upcoming Event: We’re going to showing Women in Red Stockings! It’s an easy setup, we’ll be ready to go.
3. Reimbursement: After fliering, Jackson will be reimbursed $20 and Ty will be reimbursed $6.
4. Fliering: Ty will be putting up fliers before First Friday.
5. Lincoln Earth Day: Lincoln Earth Day sent out an email, asking for booth registrations. Ty will send an email to make sure our continued use of the non-profit price is ok.
6. Community Center Questions: Someone emailed us some questions about how to run a community center similar to ours. Ty forwarded the email to Jackson, who was better prepared to answer those.
7. Bystander Intervention Workshop: Rae contacted us regarding the name; she agreed that the name should be something different, but proposed the more general “Standing Up Against Harassment” as the title. She also created a poster, and though we already have the calendar printed with street harassment in the name, we’ll go ahead with billing it as “Standing Up Against Harassment” from now on.
8. Discussion Article: Ju Ping sent us an article that could maybe prompt discussion. Nancy also suggested an article to read regarding America and its relation to terrorist groups. Jackson’s interested in doing further article reading groups, but wants to see if this first discussion group goes well.
9. Taiwan Marriage Equality: Tabled
10. Stuff to Buy: Tabled
11. Graphic Design: Tabled
12. Web Events: The Fascism event needs going up tonight. Other March events need going up soon, as well as our fundraiser and clothing swap.
Meeting adjourned: 8:33 PM
Tabled items: Articles for Discussion, Graphic Designer, Taiwan Marriage Equality Fundraiser, Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, paper cutter, whiteboard, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop)