In attendance: Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review – We showed The Black Power Mixtape last night. The Facebook event got a really good response, though turnout was still pretty low in comparison.
2. Spring Calendar Distro/Reimbursement – Ty got the calendars printed, for 6.99. Reimbursement is approved. He has also distributed calendars to the Haymarket area and The Coffee House. He’ll be whittling away at the list of locations they need to go up, with the goal to make sure they’re everywhere they need to be by the 29th.
3. Library – Ty has book donations! A children’s book about transgender issues, a comic book about trans issues for the general library, a book of political labor cartoons, and a book on intersexuality. All have been accepted.
4. Email – Alexandria, an organizer of a pro-choice support walk coming up, emailed us asking for advice. We got together the information she’d need to get it set up with the city and offered to get in contact with speakers for her.
5. Lincoln Earth Day – We got an email back from the organizers of Lincoln Earth Day, saying we are eligible for the non-profit rate. We agreed to pay the $35 to get a table. We tabled talking about creating another “kid’s kit.”
6. Organizational Vision – We talked a while about how we were running the house, what we could improve as far as outreach goes, and how much we can accomplish.
Meeting adjourned: 7:57 PM
Tabled: Lincoln Earth Day, Organizational Vision (see 1/26/16 minutes)