In Attendance: Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:01 PM
1. Event Review – We showed Doctor Who on Friday! It was a modest turnout, with some membership from the local Doctor Who fan club coming out for part of it. It did successfully provoke some discussion, and we might show Doctor Who episodes again if there are more that seem interesting from a social/political standpoint.
2. Upcoming Events – We are hosting the DSA Lincoln Contemporary Issues Reading Group on June 1st. We just need to set the room up, and Jackson has that covered. Wyatt is also going to be speaking about his experiences in Cuba on the 2nd at Meadowlark, and we should help promote that event.
3. Reimbursement – The paper cutter came in, it works for our purposes, and we can take that off the list of things to buy! Jackson would like to be reimbursed $26.24 for it, and that was approved.
4. Messages – Robert, the presenter from the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition, is cool with what we sent him. He says pick a Saturday in fall, and we will propose October 21st at our usual 1 PM time and see if that works for him. Robert also sent another email, wondering if he would be able to use his competing in a half marathon to fundraise for us. We think that’s a generous offer, and will email him back for further details on what he would need from us as he prepares for the half marathon.
5. Speaker’s Fund in Treasury – We had previously reserved $100 in the speaker’s fund for Crimethinc, but we no longer need to do so as they are no longer able to come. Until we can confirm that Tilted Scales may come through, we have no reason to keep a hold on those funds, so the hold on using that $100 will be lifted.
6. June Events – We took the last part of the meeting to add the June events to the website and Facebook.
Meeting adjourned: 7:35 PM
Tabled items: Articles for Discussion, Graphic Designer, Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop)