In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review – We showed the documentary Women in Red Stockings on Saturday night. It was ok.
2. Upcoming Event – Our “What is Fascism?” discussion is this Saturday! We spent some time to brainstorm our structure and talking points:
Take definitions in intros
Use Holocaust History Museum poster as primary group definition
Do people agree/disagree with what’s on the poster?
Can the U.S. be considered fascist?
Is Trump a fascist?
Introduce Antifa and see how people feel about those tactics
Explore other tactics of resistance?
3. Reimbursement – Jackson has bought us the larger whiteboard we have wanted for months. It cost him $25.49. He also bought us more dry-erase markers to use on our whiteboards for $6.39. We agree to reimburse him for these collective purchases.
4. Street Harassment Event – We’ve heard back and PREVENT’s flier and our calendar will both be called “Standing Up Against Street Harassment.” Rae has also provided us with a short draft description for our Facebook event, but Jackson has asked if we can possibly get a little more information about her about the structure of the event to also include in event descriptions. Ty will email her to check into this. Ty will be getting PREVENT’s flier printed and distributed around town.
5. Earth Day – Ty has received word back from the Lincoln Earth Day organizers and it is ok that we register as a non-profit again this year. Jackson will get us registered ASAP.
6. Anti-Repression Event – An activist in Houston is organizing a workshop tour through our neck of the woods, and he wants to do one in our space! He has suggested March 28th (Tuesday) or 29th (Wednesday), but indicated he has some flexibility that week. Ty is emailing him back to see if he can do it on Thursday the 30th as it would be better for us and also likely better for our likely turnout, but Jackson is prepared to make it work on Tuesday or Wednesday even if he has to do it alone (as Ty will be out of state on those days).
7. Taiwan Marriage Equality – In a discussion started last week, we decide that we can spare $20 toward the crowdfunded media campaign. Jackson will make the donation on our behalf, and he will be reimbursed.
8. Monthly Review Press – Our friend Wyatt sent us word on an online sale at Monthly Review Press! We don’t really have time or energy to look at their catalog tonight, so we agreed to look at it on our own time in the next few days (since the web coupon will be expiring before our next meeting).
9. Web Events – We spent the last part of our meeting putting up some web promotion for upcoming events.
Meeting adjourned: 8:30 PM
Tabled items: Articles for Discussion, Graphic Designer, Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, paper cutter, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop)