1/30/17 Minutes: Spring Calendar Planning, Donation Reimbursement

In Attendance: Jackson (moderator), James, Ju Ping, Ty (secretary)
Start time:  7:05 PM

1. Antifa Donation – We made a donation to the medical fund of the worker in Seattle who got shot in the stomach by a neo-nazi. It was a $120 donation, but Jackson is only asking reimbursement for $50 of it, as the rest of the funds came from direct donations. We approved this.

2. Web Reimbursement – We needed to make another payment of $27.87 to Bluehost, for a year of our domain name and domain privacy. We approved reimbursement.

3. Mailing List – Ju Ping set up our email mailing list, thank you, Ju Ping! The rest of us present signed up for it, and we have a link that we can share to encourage others to follow our news there.

4. Library Books – Jackson reports that there is money in the library treasury. He also reports four books he found that he’d like to donate to the library, one of which is a young adult/older children’s book. He’d like $19 to reimburse the cost of all of them, which we approve. Ju Ping also points out a few ebooks that are free on AK Press’s website right now for our digital collection.

5. Spring Calendar Planning –
Possible spring events:

Saturday, April 22: Lincoln Earth Day tabling

Monday, May 1: May Day/International Worker’s Day march

Not scheduled: “The Safety Pin and the Swastika” article reading discussion, bystander intervention workshop with UNL PREVENT, Movie Night: Harlan County, USA, discussion on what an anti-capitalist culture looks like, discussion on stopping liberals/Democrats from co-opting direct action, Movie Night: Attack the Block, Doctor Who two-part episode: “The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion,” Movie Night: Battleship Potemkin, Movie Night: Strike, Little Red Singalong

Blocked out days: April 15
Days Ty will not be there: March 11, March 25-29

Meeting adjourned:  8:44 PM

Tabled items: Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, paper cutter, whiteboard, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop)

1/9/16 – Walk For Life Prep, Laptop Update/Reimbursement

In Attendance: Jackson (secretary), James, Ju Ping, Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:05 PM

1. Event Review – We had our #NoDAPL discussion. We had a huge turnout, and a great discussion. Ju Ping volunteers to run a listserv to better follow up on the results of these discussion.

2. Upcoming Events – Our counter-protest for the Walk For Life is on Saturday! We’ll have a sign-making party on Friday night (7-9 PM), and we’ll open up the house at 8 AM for the very-last minute sign-making opportunity before the protest. Jackson will stay in touch with childcare volunteers to make sure that’s good and organized.

3. Facebook Messages – We received a number of Facebook messages in the last week. Hank in Omaha wrote to us to ask if we’d be interested in hosting a traveling anti-Trump tour being organized through Crimethinc. Jackson has been in contact to see if this something we can do. We also received a semi-anonymous warning from an Omaha Antifa affiliate that regional Neo-Nazis may be looking to doxx known or suspected Antifa or their supporters; we’ll pass this information along to our contacts.

4. Laptop Update/Reimbursement – Jackson used his connections at his second job to restore our found, broken laptop. It’s fully functional, and it cost him $25. He asked for reimbursement since this is collective property, and the reimbursement was okayed.

5. Event Idea – Jackson wants to add a small reading/discussion event build around an essay he read last week, especially since one of our friends (Hendrik) also suggested making a discussion. He’s thinking about adding it on Jan 21st or 28th, if Hendrik is open on either afternoon. We’re all cool with squeezing this in.

Meeting adjourned: 8:40 PM

Tabled items: Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, paper cutter, whiteboard, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop)

1/2/2017 Minutes: Upcoming Events, Tech Support

In attendance: Jackson (moderator), Ju Ping, Ty (secretary)

Start time: 7:14 PM

  1. Event Review – We showed Star Trek V, which was during very dangerous conditions outside, so we only had one guest. We might run it again, it was a good discussion with the three of us who were there. Ju Ping suggests making food to make the trip especially worth it to people.
  2. Upcoming Events – This Saturday is the NoDAPL discussion. We just got the event up on the Facebook and website today. However, we’ve gotten a good response already and have a few other people who said that they’d come that have also been at the North Dakota camps. Ju Ping will also contact someone he knows who organizes the local NoDAPL rallies.

We also got a message through our Facebook group about the cybersecurity workshop. We’re going to put up the event pages for that event tonight.

The Walk For Life Counter-Protest is next week! Ju Ping will also advertise about that. We need to schedule some Facebook posts, and see about hosting a sign-making party. Ju Ping also volunteered to make curry for that as well! We also need to set up child care services for that day.

3. Laptop Update – We have another laptop that doesn’t charge. Jackson will take it into his workplace to get it diagnosed, to see whether it is worth fixing.

We also need to figure out a replacement hard drive for the public laptop. Ju Ping will send more info on getting an inexpensive one to Jackson to purchase. He’s also looking into a better router for us.

Meeting adjourned: 8:30 PM

Tabled items: Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, paper cutter, whiteboard, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop)