6/27/16 Minutes: New Zine, Contributions?

In attendance:  Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Late: Ju Ping
Start time: 7:00 PM

1. Zine – We received a letter with a new zine from anarchist prisoner Sean Swain.

2. Work Time – Ty added our August movie night (Godzilla) to Facebook, and added our July/August events to our website. Jackson updated the treasury.

3. Alternatives to Windows – Ju Ping would like to host a workshop here sometime in the fall to help people install Linux-based operating systems and liberate themselves from Microsoft. We’re cool with this, and we’ll continue thinking of this as we begin to build our fall calendar.

4. Contributions? – We have a very healthy treasury, and we’re going to consider donations to a couple of causes next week when we have a little more time to talk about them. Ones noted were the crowdfunding for the Sacramento anti-fascists who were attacked by white supremacists and need help with medical bills (rally.org/june26th) and the zine distro that sent us the Sean Swain zine. Tabled.

Meeting adjourned: 8:30 PM

Tabled items: Stuff to buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, longarm stapler, paper cutter), Causes to contribute to

6/20/16 Minutes: Event Review, Donations

In attendance: Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary), Ju Ping
Start time: 7:04 PM

1. Event Review – We had our discussion, which was a low turnout because we didn’t realize when Juneteenth was and scheduled it on the same time. A good discussion for those who were there though.

2. Pulse Contribution – We are going to donate $100 to Equality Florida’s GoFundMe to help the victims and survivors of the Pulse shooting.

3. Bookshelves – Ty acquired some bookshelves, and is donating at least one for Black Cat House use, if not more if we can find room for them.

Meeting adjourned: 7:21 PM

Tabled items: Stuff to buy (longarm stapler, paper cutter, canopy, hardware to secure the bike rack to the ground)

6/13/16 Minutes: Setting the Record… Straight?

In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:01 PM

1. Event Review – We showed Free Angela and All Political Prisoners on Friday. We enjoyed the film, and the discussion afterward.

2. Upcoming Event – Our discussion, “Setting the Record… Straight?” is coming up on Saturday. It will now also be a bake-sale fundraiser to raise donations for the victims of the Pulse shooting in Orlando. Ty and a friend are going to make cupcakes.

3. July Events – We spent the remainder of the meeting adding our July events to Facebook.

Meeting adjourned: 7:40 PM
Tabled items: Stuff to buy (longarm stapler, paper cutter, canopy, hardware to secure the bike rack to the ground)

6/6/16 Minutes: Free Angela, Checking on our Wishlist

In attendance: Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:00 PM

1. Upcoming Event – We have Free Angela coming up as our movie night. Most of the work will be cleaning up the room for it.

2. Bike Rack – We got it and assembled it! Now we need to figure out a way to affix it to the ground. For now it will be secured to the side of the porch.

3. Stuff to Buy – We still have some stuff on the wishlist, so Jackson will look into the best options we have for the most affordable cost.

We spent the rest of the time cleaning the space.


Meeting adjourned: 7:10 PM (not including cleaning time)

Tabled: Stuff to buy (longarm stapler, paper cutter, canopy, hardware to secure the bike rack to the ground)