8/26/15 Minutes: Online Communication, Calendar Distribution

In attendance: Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:00 PM

1. Event Review – We had Trekkies on Friday. It was a good discussion!

2. Calendar Distro – Ty hasn’t finished distributing calendars. He’ll finish it this week for sure.

3. Next Meeting – Because it’s kinda a grey area over what day next week’s meeting will be, given that we’re switching back to Mondays in September anyway we’ve decided next week’s meeting will be on Monday as well!

4. Online Stuff – So we updated the twitter information so that we get updates from it once again. Ty will try to keep it updated. Jackson encourages more Facebook interaction, and wants to put more open-ended, conversational posts. Ty will be in charge for Twitter and Tumblr, and Jackson will mainly keep the Facebook updated. We also want to revive the listserv. Since Ty has the contact email, he’ll be doing that as well.

5. Facebook Events – September events need up on Facebook! They are already up on our website so we committed some meeting time to doing so.

6. Handbills – Ty has finished the design for them and they are ready to be printed! Ty will email Jackson the PDF to be printed.

7. Reimbursement – Jackson needs calendar reimbursement for $6.69. The deed will be done!

Meeting adjourned: 8:06 PM

Tabled: Copy machine setup, data entry of old minutes

8/19/15 Minutes: Calendar Distro, Buttons?

In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:02 PM

1. Event Reviews – Sama et al performed here on Thursday. It was a good show, and turnout was ok despite us unintentionally competing with the much-larger DIO Fest. We should’ve got the fliers up sooner, but there’s probably not much else we could’ve done better. Sama mentioned she was planning to drop in here again on her next tour.

We also watched Killing Us Softly 4 on Saturday. Turnout was low, but the conversation was good. Jackson would like to show it again someday, as it’s a good film. Ty suggests adding the subtitle “Advertising’s Image of Women” as a way of making the subject matter more obvious next time. (This was also unfortunately competing with DIO Fest.)

2. Upcoming Event – Trekkies returns on Friday. We’re ready for it.

3. Calendar Distro – Ty is working on it. It should be done by Friday.

4. Buttons – UNL’s LGBTQA Resource Center is planning to a button-pressing event on campus Saturday night, but their button parts never arrived! Ty proposes that we offer to let them use our press and sell them 300 sets of our available parts. We decide that it would be ok to this, if they can pay us $30 for the parts.

Meeting adjourned: 7:45 PM

8/12/15 Minutes: Sama, Copy Machine, DIO Fest, Facebook Usage

In attendance: Ashley, Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)

Start time: 7:00 PM

  1. Upcoming Events: Sama and crew are coming to perform tomorrow! They’ll call Ty when they get into town.  We’ll be making sure the space is tidied and ready after the meeting, and we’ve got food ingredients prepared to cook a feast for the musicians tomorrow.  We also have Killing Us Softly on Saturday that we’ll run off Ty’s computer.  He assumes we have the right cord to do so, but he’ll double check.
  1. Copy Machine: Jackson bought us a new copy machine! He’ll be reimbursed $172.59 for his trouble.  We need to set that up as soon as we get the chance.
  1. Fall Calendar: Ty finished and sent in the new calendars for printing – 25 8 ½ x 11 ones. He still needs to make handbills.
  1. DIO Fest: Ashley reports that Margot would like to borrow chairs and tables for DIO Fest tomorrow. We said yes on the tables, maybe on the chairs, given the concert tomorrow.  Ty will be home all day to loan them to her.  Jackson says that it might not be an issue, since the event is at SP CE and they have a ton of tables and chairs.
  1. Facebook Usage: Jackson wants to do a little brainstorming on how we use our Facebook page. He thinks we need more variety of content rather than just promoting events.  We talked about good material to share on the page and methods of keeping the page active.

Meeting adjourned: 7:37 PM

8/5/15 Minutes: Fall Calendar, New Website, Copy Machine, Sama

In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM

1. Event Review – We watched Grave of the Fireflies on Saturday. It was sad.

2. Copy Machine – Jackson hasn’t found a copy machine yet, but a bit of research has been done. More research will need to be done, to make a good choice for our needs.

3. Email setup – Ty has set up his BCH email addresses, and has possibly got Jackson’s up too. Hooray!

4. Sama – Jackson still needs to send a follow-up email to Sama. Ty and Jackson have distributed fliers for the concert. Ty will share it around Facebook a bit more.

5. Website – Our new WordPress site is up and active on our blackcathouse.org and theblackcathouse.org URLs! We still need to do a bit of data entry to replace some of the old minutes that are still only on the old site. Jackson has contacted Ella for some help with that.

6. Fall calendar –

Thursday, September 10th, 7 PM – Lincoln Secular Humanist Meeting
Friday, September 11th, 7 PM – Movie Night: Anarchism in America
Saturday, September 19th, 1-3 PM – What is Gentrification? (a community discussion)
Saturday, October 3rd, 7 PM – Movie Night: Food, Inc.
Friday, October 9th, 7 PM – Trekkies For Humanism: “Mortal Coil” (Star Trek: Voyager)
Monday, October 12th, 5-6 PM (at the Federal Building – 16th and O St.) – Indigenous People’s Day Rally
Saturday, October 17th, 1-3 PM – Protest: What is it Good For? (a community discussion)
Sunday, November 8th, 5 PM – Movie Night: Reds
Saturday, November 21st, 1-3 PM – Transgender Rights: Our Struggles, Our Victories, Our Future (a panel discussion)

Tabled: Copy Machine, Facebook
Meeting adjourned: 8:47 PM