In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review: Movie night went well! A decent turnout, and a very lively conversation afterwards. A good time all-around!
2. Upcoming Events: The Power Feminist Crafting Circle is meeting here on Tuesday, and Ashley will be there to open the doors for them. What is… the Civil Rights Movement? is on Saturday, and Jackson’s preparing to facilitate the discussion.
3. Library Donations: Brian donated a pile of copies of The Humanist and Socialist Standard. Jackson donated a copy of Voices of A People’s History of the United States.
4. Cancellations: Wednesday’s open hours will be cancelled in order for our members to see Sybrina Fulton speak at UNL. Ashley and Jackson are also speaking at Doane College next Monday, and so the meeting that night will be cancelled as well.
5. Garage Sale Donations: Ashley suggests putting out a tub in the public space to encourage people to bring small donations for the garage sale to events. Everyone agrees that this is a good idea.
6. Hamartia: Max from Hamartia has messaged, asking to play a show here on either March 17th or 18th. Both days are open, so Ashley will hammer out the details with him.
7. Earth Day: The Lincoln festival is April 18th, and they are now accepting booth reservations. The cost will be $35, and we’ve already committed to doing it. Ty will fill out the paperwork needed.
8. Environmentalism Event: The event we’ll be doing for doing for Earthstock will likely be scheduled on April 15th at 4 PM. We’ll table the discussion of details of the event for future meetings.
9. Calendar: Ashley and Ella had a few design proposals for the spring calendar. We picked a design we liked and they’ll edit it further and come up with the final draft in time to be printed this week.
10. Facilitation Skills: Ashley suggested breaking up event moderation into a person who handles moderating the discussion topics, and a person who makes sure everyone who wants to gets ample opportunity to speak and keeps interruptions of others to a minimum. We’ll give this method a try, as well as doing more research into facilitation techniques.
Meeting adjourned: 7:38 PM
Tabled: Environmentalism Event, Pronoun Buttons