9/29/14 Minutes: beehive event, website crash

In attendance: Ashley, Jackson (moderator), Sammi (moderator), Ty (secretary)

Meeting Start: 7:00 PM

1)Upcoming Events: The Beehive Collective is coming tomorrow! Ashley will call Tyler tonight after the meeting to make the final preparations. We have most everything ready to go, though!

2) Band: There’s a band who wants to play here! We’re free when they want to play, but Ashley’ll ask them questions to see whether they fit the usual band criteria.

3) Meeting: Ashley and Jackson have a Doane presentation next Monday, so next meeting will be cancelled.

4) Website: Our website has crashed! Ella has set up a page with our other methods of contact, and she’s working hard to get it back up again. New website will be done in the next couple months!

Meeting adjourned: 7:34 PM

9/22/14 Minutes: Beehive Collective, Design, LSH

In attendance: Ashley, Jackson (moderator), Sammi (secretary), Ty (moderator)Start time: 7:06 PM

1. Event Review – Trekkies for Humanism movie night, “Who’s Watching the Watchers?”
-Scheduled on same night as Laverne Cox and Neil Degrasse Tyson (bad idea). Lost some regular attendees.
-Slightly below average turnout

2. Upcoming Events:
A. Beehive Collective – event will be heavily discussion based, Tyler will bring all supplies
-He likes all topics we are interested in; consider posting a poll on facebook page and event page Thursday or Friday
-Topics of interest include: Combating cissexism, Ed and Mondo (political prisoners), Reproductive Rights, Immigration

B. LSH Meeting – Postponed rescheduling due to members’ inability to attend. Ashley proposed a doodle poll in facebook group with Brian and Kendra tagged. Doodle poll is approved by consensus. Ashley will create doodle poll.

3. Design – Ella is not going to be doing our calendars for the next year. Ella recommended Ashley. Ashley is skeptical/hesitant, but will do it if she has to. We have 6 months to figure this out.

Meeting adjourned: 7:41 PM

9/15/14 Minutes: Books, Bands, and LSH

In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (secretary), Sammi (moderator)

Start time: 7:01 PM

1. Event Review – Our Isreal/Palestinian conflict discussion was on Saturday. Turnout was a little low, but the conversation went well. We may not do any more of these discussions at night.

2. Upcoming Events – We have the letter-writing to prisoners event on Tuesday; Ashley is ready for it. We also have Trekkies coming up on Friday; Jackson is ready for that.

3. Buttons – Ashley had a suggestion that we possibly take our LGBTQ flag buttons to Ty’s top surgery benefit next week and split the donations between Black Cat House and Ty’s surgery fund. Jackson believes this to be a conflict of interest. Idea is tabled to next week for further discussion.

4. Books – Jackson offered four books to the library that he found at a yard sale over the weekend. We approved all four for the library. Jackson also asked for $4 to reimburse him for paying for the books, after noting he would donate the books either way. Reimbursement was also passed unanimously.

5. Bands – A riot-folk band wants to play here on Sunday, November 16th. They’re acoustic and political, so we’re cool with them playing. We also got a Facebook message today from an indie-rock band wanting to play here, but they’re probably not political and definitely not acoustic. Ashley will send them the “thanks, but no thanks” message tomorrow.

6. LSH reschedule – Only two of the five core members of LSH were able to attend the scheduled quarterly meeting last Thursday, but we can probably get four of us in the same room for this Thursday. We agree to reschedule the meeting for this Thursday.

Tabled: concert/First Friday, police zine, networking, website, buttons

Meeting adjourned: 7:30 PM

9/8/14 Minutes: Pasta feed review, speaker stipends

In attendance: Ashley (secretary), Jackson (Moderator), Sammi (moderator), Ty
Start Time: 7:00

Event Review: The pasta feed was great, we made a little over $250 for the groups. The place was packed, maybe a bigger venue next year? The only real form of advertisement we used was Facebook, maybe we can reach out more if we have more room. We made some notes as far as how much food we went through and how much we’ll next year.
2 boxes of spaghetti
4 boxes of penne
2 boxes of fettuccini (probably more pasta next year)
4 jars of alfredo sauce
4-5 jars of marinara sauce
5 peppers
2 large onions
1 container of mushrooms (not enough)
1 bag of meatballs (not enough)
1 container of italian sausage (not enough, maybe do chicken next year to compliment alfredo?)

Upcoming Events: the LSH meeting is on Thursday, and there’s a discussion group on Saturday. There are going to be multiple people missing at the meeting this week, we’re hoping we can make quorum. We have a friend coming who is probably going to lead the discussion, and it’ll be interesting to see how the turnout is given it’ll be a Saturday night.

Concert: Two folk artists are playing a show here in early November. Ashley suggests having an artist post their work that night, since they’ll be playing on first friday. Jackson questions whether we should let the artist sell their work during it, since this is supposed to be a strictly noncommercial space. Ashley argues that this is no different than letting bands table for their work. Ashley suggests that we should table this and bring it back up next week.

Speaker Stipend: We’ve tabled this item since we didn’t have money in the treasury for it. We decide to set up a treasury for the speakers and move $100 into it. We decide to advertise it on FB so potential speakers know that it’s available to them.

Beehive Collective: We talk about whether or not we want to donate some money to the bees. We decide to donate $50 right now, and maybe more day-of if they need it.

End time: 7:48

Tabled: concert, police zine, networking, website, buttons

9/1/14 Minutes: Pasta Feed, Beehive Collective

In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Ella, Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:05 PM

1. Upcoming Events – The pasta feed is coming up! We’ll get all the rest of the supplies on Wednesday, and we have extra tables and crock pots on the way. Brian from Lincoln Atheists confirmed that he’ll bring a dessert, and we need to ask Brian from Lincoln Secular Humanists whether he’s still got the garlic bread down. Otherwise, things are lookin’ good! Jackson will lead us in a traditional Pastafarian prayer.

2. Book reimbursements – Hope In A Jar: The Making of America’s Beauty Culture came up to purchase, and we decided it was worth going for. Jackson will buy the book for $4.45, and we agreed to reimburse him for it. Jackson also wants $2.69 for mailing out a different book to swap.

3. Mail – There was a person who mailed us forever ago, and Ashley wrote him a letter back! Packaged in some zines and pronoun buttons too. We agreed to reimburse shipping for sending it to them.

4 – Beehive Collective – The Bees are coming on September 30th, and we need to give them info on what art project we want to work on during their event. We want it to be something that really affects the local community in a specific way. We spent some time brainstorming some pretty solid ideas for topics that would help the community. They also asked for the demographics of the people who come to the House, which is ages 20-30, and gender spectrum is pretty varied. The Bees will be bringing most of the supplies necessary.

Tabled: calendar, police zine, speaker stipend, networking, website, buttons

Meeting adjourned: 7:42 PM