In attendance: Ashley, Jackson (moderator), Sammi (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Meeting Start: 7:00 PM
1)Upcoming Events: The Beehive Collective is coming tomorrow! Ashley will call Tyler tonight after the meeting to make the final preparations. We have most everything ready to go, though!
2) Band: There’s a band who wants to play here! We’re free when they want to play, but Ashley’ll ask them questions to see whether they fit the usual band criteria.
3) Meeting: Ashley and Jackson have a Doane presentation next Monday, so next meeting will be cancelled.
4) Website: Our website has crashed! Ella has set up a page with our other methods of contact, and she’s working hard to get it back up again. New website will be done in the next couple months!
Meeting adjourned: 7:34 PM
In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (secretary), Sammi (moderator)
Start time: 7:01 PM
1. Event Review – Our Isreal/Palestinian conflict discussion was on Saturday. Turnout was a little low, but the conversation went well. We may not do any more of these discussions at night.
2. Upcoming Events – We have the letter-writing to prisoners event on Tuesday; Ashley is ready for it. We also have Trekkies coming up on Friday; Jackson is ready for that.
3. Buttons – Ashley had a suggestion that we possibly take our LGBTQ flag buttons to Ty’s top surgery benefit next week and split the donations between Black Cat House and Ty’s surgery fund. Jackson believes this to be a conflict of interest. Idea is tabled to next week for further discussion.
4. Books – Jackson offered four books to the library that he found at a yard sale over the weekend. We approved all four for the library. Jackson also asked for $4 to reimburse him for paying for the books, after noting he would donate the books either way. Reimbursement was also passed unanimously.
5. Bands – A riot-folk band wants to play here on Sunday, November 16th. They’re acoustic and political, so we’re cool with them playing. We also got a Facebook message today from an indie-rock band wanting to play here, but they’re probably not political and definitely not acoustic. Ashley will send them the “thanks, but no thanks” message tomorrow.
6. LSH reschedule – Only two of the five core members of LSH were able to attend the scheduled quarterly meeting last Thursday, but we can probably get four of us in the same room for this Thursday. We agree to reschedule the meeting for this Thursday.
Tabled: concert/First Friday, police zine, networking, website, buttons
Meeting adjourned: 7:30 PM
In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Ella, Jackson (moderator), Ty (secretary)
Start time: 7:05 PM
1. Upcoming Events – The pasta feed is coming up! We’ll get all the rest of the supplies on Wednesday, and we have extra tables and crock pots on the way. Brian from Lincoln Atheists confirmed that he’ll bring a dessert, and we need to ask Brian from Lincoln Secular Humanists whether he’s still got the garlic bread down. Otherwise, things are lookin’ good! Jackson will lead us in a traditional Pastafarian prayer.
2. Book reimbursements – Hope In A Jar: The Making of America’s Beauty Culture came up to purchase, and we decided it was worth going for. Jackson will buy the book for $4.45, and we agreed to reimburse him for it. Jackson also wants $2.69 for mailing out a different book to swap.
3. Mail – There was a person who mailed us forever ago, and Ashley wrote him a letter back! Packaged in some zines and pronoun buttons too. We agreed to reimburse shipping for sending it to them.
4 – Beehive Collective – The Bees are coming on September 30th, and we need to give them info on what art project we want to work on during their event. We want it to be something that really affects the local community in a specific way. We spent some time brainstorming some pretty solid ideas for topics that would help the community. They also asked for the demographics of the people who come to the House, which is ages 20-30, and gender spectrum is pretty varied. The Bees will be bringing most of the supplies necessary.
Tabled: calendar, police zine, speaker stipend, networking, website, buttons
Meeting adjourned: 7:42 PM