In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Late: Wyatt, Ju Ping, James
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Reviews – We showed the Chomsky documentary _Is the Man Who is Tall Happy?_ on Friday night. We had a nice turnout and discussion, with several new people attracted to the movie. We might run it again, but Ty noted concern that the movie maybe wasn’t as political as we generally prefer. (The interviews in the film were mostly dealing with his philosophical and scientific opinions.)
We also hosted the discussion “Now What: Organizing Resistance in the Age of Trump” on Saturday afternoon. We had a really good turnout, and Ju Ping took some really good minutes that are now posted to our website. We have some ideas for follow-up events that we need to organize toward in the next year.
2. No DAPL Camp – Wyatt gave us another report on his time up in North Dakota. He’s been gathering money and supplies; he reports he’s not currently needing any material support, but with many ambitious projects in the works there may be major needs soon.
3. Upcoming Event – We’re showing Star Trek V on Friday night. We’re ready for it.
4. Nebraskans For Peace – NFP tagged our group to participate in an online poll to determine NFP’s policy/issue priorities for the next year. Those of us here with Facebook accounts participated, and Ty has scheduled a post for our Facebook page to share the poll.
5. Next Two Weeks – We decided to cancel our last two Monday meetings of the year, since many of our core people won’t be around because of the holidays.
6. Buying Stuff – Ju Ping has tipped Jackson off to a good whiteboard for our purposes on Craigslist. Ju Ping also thinks the hard drive in our public laptop is starting to die, and recommends replacing it (and preferably with an SSD of at least 128 GB of storage). We do commit to investing approximately $40 toward a replacement hard drive.
Meeting adjourned: 8:30 PM
Tabled items: Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, paper cutter, whiteboard, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop)