In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review – We hosted our discussion, “The Russian Revolution: 100 Years Later” on Saturday. We had a decent turnout, and a good talk. Ty notes that while he enjoyed our discussion, it still wasn’t quite what we had intended and advertised. With many people in the room knowing so little of Russian history, Jackson and others spent nearly the first 90 minutes just setting up the people and events of 1917 itself, which left very little time to explore the modern relevance of the Russian Revolution. Two hours just wasn’t enough time! Jackson has started investigating the possibility of a multi-week series of classes, possibly as a successor to DSA’s successful (but soon to be completed) Socialist Feminism series (and possibly with DSA as co-sponsors/organizers).
2. Upcoming Event – We’re showing _Sir, No Sir_ on Friday night. We just need to set up the room, and it’s free to stream online.
3. Book Donation – Ty’s mom offered us some queer books! We added one of them, and Ty will take the one we already had and the one that doesn’t really fit our library to the LGBTQA+ Resource Center.
4. Winter Calendars – Ty will have the calendars designed and printed on Thursday.
5. Library Committee – We have decided that our November 27th meeting will be dedicated to cleaning up and re-organizing our lending library.
Tabled items: Articles for Discussion, Graphic Designer, Stuff to Buy (canopy, stuff to secure bike rack, labels, 7×7 no-slip outdoor mat for porch, new SSD hard drive for public laptop
Meeting adjourned: 7:35 PM