In attendance: Ashley (moderator), Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:00 PM
1. Event Review – We had a concert with Hamartia last night. Turnout was low, but the event was scheduled last-minute and the promotion was a bit lacking. We’ll need to step up our promotion for the concerts planned for next month. Our Zine-making workshop was postponed.
2. Upcoming Events – Trekkies is Friday. That’ll be easy to prepare for. Our Zine-making workshop has been rescheduled for this Sunday. We’ll do a little more last-minute promotion, but Ashley is pretty much prepared already given that this was originally set for last week. Ashley will also be checking to see if the ACLU can contribute a volunteer to add to our discussion at the upcoming How to Organize Protests event.
3. Reimbursements – Jackson printed several color posters for our upcoming November concerts, and would like to be reimbursed $16.06 for the printing costs. He also had to buy a lot of last-minute refreshments for the Beehive Collective event several weeks ago. He’s misplaced the receipt, but knows he spent well over $30. We agreed to reimburse him for the posters and $30 for the food.
4. Winter Calendar – Ashley would like to reduce the number of events on this calendar, since we’re struggling with fatigue and winter is not typically a great season for turnout anyway. Jackson and Ty are in agreement.
Early Dec movie night?
Lincoln Secular Humanists meeting – Dec 11, 7 PM
Winter Solstice party? – Fri the 19th or Sat the 20th?
Trekkies For Humanism
What is in January? Cultural Appropriation?
Black History Month-themed February
What is… Civil Rights Movement? Slavery?
Feminist Discussion Group: Womanism/Black Feminism
Movie Night: CSA – Confederate States of America?
Trekkies For Humanism: “Far Beyond the Stars” (DS9)
5. Women in Music – Ashley has been contacted by a community member wishing to organize a community discussion about women in music in light of some recent controversy in the local music scene. We’re all excited about the possibilities there, and we’ll get in touch with them about setting something up.
6. Online Button Sales – Ashley wants to set up an online store to sell our buttons. Ashley recommends we offer buttons for online sale at $1.50 apiece + $1 domestic shipping for the first button (+ 50 cents for each additional button). Jackson suggests adding free domestic shipping to purchases over $10 to encourage large orders.
Tabled: Winter Calendar, Police Zine
Meeting adjourned: 7:46 PM