In attendance: Jackson (secretary), Ty (moderator)
Start time: 7:02 PM
1. Event Review: We had our discussion on protesting on Saturday. The turnout was low, but the discussion was still very good.
What should we be doing to boost turnout? Jackson admits his Facebook event went up late. Ty suggests possibly creating queued FB statuses right after creating the event to make sure we remember to remind people about the upcoming events. Jackson also wonders how many of our calendars are no longer posted around town; Ty will bring some more to possibly refresh the bulletin boards when he distributes concert fliers this week.
2. Ella’s fundraiser – Our friend and collaborator Ella is trying to crowdfund to cover some travel expenses to help her attend a conference that would make her an even greater asset to community groups like ourselves. We agree to commit $100 from our treasury to help her out.
3. Reimbursement – Ty got a bunch of color printing done for us last week, and wants to be reimbursed $13.94 for those expenses. We agree, of course!
4. Police Brutality Event – We were contacted by someone wanting to do some kind of public event on police brutality and racism. As this is obviously within our interests, Ty has emailed the person to see how we can be of service.
5. Winter Calendar – Ty has created a Facebook status asking our friends there what kind of events they’d like to see of us in the Winter Calendar. It will run tomorrow afternoon.
LSH meeting – Thursday, Dec 10th, 7PM
Winter Solstice Party (maybe?) – Friday the 18th or Saturday the 19th of December
No Woman No Cry (Dec), Panther (1995 film; Feb), Black Power Mixtape (Feb), Angola 3 (Feb)
Meeting adjourned: 8:10 PM